Rumours of Our Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

by Frost on November 23, 2012

The Manosphere is dying, some say.

The final bell has rung for the University of Man. Gmac closed his black book. FlyFreshandYoung has hit it and quit it for the last time. I’m sure there are others I’m not thinking of.

Roosh, Danger and Play, Private Man, Donlak and Hawaiian Libertarian have penned some fine obituaries. And hell, I’m not going to deny it: We’ve lost a few good men.

Most distressing of all: I, your beloved Frost, the eternal flame, the heart and soul, the Charlie Conway of the Manosphere – have been posting infrequently, and on subjects (Christianity, fringe anthropology, and who knows what’s coming next) that have convinced 90% of my readers that somewhere between the drug-soaked beaches of Southeast Asia, hippie Ashram communes of India, and sun-baked plains of northern Spain – I went completely batshit insane.

One could be forgiven, for wondering whether this whole 21st-Century Masculine Counter-Revolution truly has legs or not.

Well, trust me kids. I’ve been around these parts for a while. I’ve seen things. I’ve watched a lot of great blogs, writers, and communities to come and go. Nihil Nova.

This may come as a great shock to many young readers, but this entire community existed in embryonic form on the Tucker Max Message Board. Certainly there are a few Idiot Board veterans in our live studio audience, yes? Surely you remember its glory days as the best community and hub of information for self-improvement, counter-feminism, literature, and the rebirth of masculinity in a thoroughly feminized western world. Perhaps you also remember when the TMMB was taken offline – suddenly, unceremoniously, and completely without warning, backĀ  in 2009. What a shock it was.

A year later, 2Blowhards.com – the quintessential Paleo-Manosphere blog, our first introduction to the likes of Roissy, Mencius Moldbug, Gary Taubes, and a hundred others – wrote its final farewell post. This wasn’t entirely unexpected, as the original Blowhards had started supplanting their output with guest posts from writers who, despite their rakish charm and chiseled good looks, were unfit to carry Michael, Friedrich or Donald’s literary jockstraps. The nascent Manosphere wept.

Just six months ago, In Mala Fide, a site which had become the unofficial link hub of the Manosphere, not to mention the blogging platform of one of its most talented writers, pulled the plug. Much hand-wringing ensued.

What do all of these events have in common? They each marked the end of an era. They each made me shed a manly tear and pour one out for my fallen HTTP homeboys. They each cost us some wisdom, some insight, and some entertainment. But most relevant to my point today: They were each followed by a great deal of weeping, teeth-gnashing and panty-twisting over the supposed death of the movement.

And yet, how wrong those predictions turned out to be.

The alternative blogosphere had coalesced to the point that it could survive without 2Blowhards, by the time that it had to.

The Roosh V Forum is the Tucker Max Message Board reborn, and then some.

Society of Amateur Gentlemen has taken on both of In Mala Fide’s role: Sowing and reaping linkage across the Manosphere every Sunday, and supplying it with some of its best posts.

So while it is with a heavy heart that I pour one out for FFY, Gmac, and U of Man – I know this movement will continue, and will continue to grow without them. Something important is happening here, and it’s bigger than any one man. The blogroll to your left is not just a collection of individuals. It’s notĀ  just a community. The Manosphere is an intellectual and political movement, and its progression is as inevitable and inexorable as a rising tide.

For most, the Manosphere is a simple thing. All men wish to revel in the glory of swoleness, sexual options, travel, money, and the sweet life. The Manosphere offers them the tools to pursue such goals, make incremental improvements to their own lives, and bask in the positive energy of a virtual community of like-minded men. There is nothing wrong with looking at this community solely as a means to better yourself.

But for the few with eyes that see, the political nature of an intellectual alternative to the reigning progressive effeminocracy is obvious.

At its essence, the Manosphere is so much more than a community of game and self-improvement blogs. The Manosphere is the counter-revolution. Our culture, our education system, our media – they all serve to rob us of our ability to perceive the world as it is. The Manosphere is the slow, plodding, auto-didactic redemption of the American mind, one soul at a time, by those men among us who are smart, perceptive, and courageous enough to stand athwart the lies of recent history, and call bullshit. As long as there is a real, genuine thing called Truth, men will seek it. As long as such men also seek each other, there will be a Manosphere. As long as there is a Manosphere, it will continue to seek out pretty lies, and squeeze them until they whine, squeal, writhe, suffer, and at the end of it all – perish.

So we’ll miss the writings of our recently fallen brothers. Just like we miss Ferdinand Bardamu, the Blowhards, Solomon II, and pre-meltdown Tucker Max, and just like we’ll miss the eventual future retirement of other heavy hitters in the alternative blogosphere.

But as a community and as a movement – when one falls, two rise up in his place. New talent is coming up everywhere.

Here’s Circumnavigonzo, a travel and piracy blog that I highly recommend. I already mentioned the excellent Society of Amateur Gentlemen. Allow me to also point you towards Wall Street Playboys, a great lifestyle blog and an absolute must-read for any man working anywhere near the finance world. Nexxt Level Up, Juicing For Men and The Return Of Kings are well worth your time and a bookmark. Matt Forney continues his epic journey across the United States.

Aurini just published his first novel, which I will hopefully find time to read and review this weekend. Until then, here’s Koanic’s review. Excellent books have also been published recently by Naughty Nomad, Jack Donovan and Aaron Clarey. Rumours are also circulating that another Great Manosphere Novel is in the late drafting stages…

Most encouraging of all, smart young guys like PDog, Michael Byc, and Dulst are taking the Red Pill at an age when most of us barely had to shave more than once a week.

So please, folks. Save your tears. This movement is doing just fine. As long as the world is choked in lies – and it will be, for the forseeable future – smart men are going to form communities that aspire to truth, we’re going to live better lives as a result, and we’re going to share what we learn on our blogs, because writing is what we love to do, and because the world needs leaders.

Speaking of which, gentle reader, what are you doing with your free time? It’s a great day to start a blog, don’t you think?

MORE HELP April 8, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I’m not positive where you’re getting your info, however great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning much more or working out more.

Thanks for great information I used to be searching for this information for my mission.

Black Breeze December 2, 2012 at 11:25 am

Frost,

Your are not old enough to share any wisdom. In fact, you’re lacking of it.

So, why claiming that you have seen things?

It takes an idiot for failing to realize that you have seen not a single crap.

Both pills paralyze you. I heard one Rebel state that by taking the red pill, you simply stay awake while getting butt raped. With the blue one it’s the same with the exception that you fall asleep.

Have a nice pill popping Shitmas while your shit is going to pop.

Dave December 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Hi Frost, I am thinking of travelling to Chang Mai and spending a few months there but I want your advice on a few things first:

1. What is the place like from February to May? Its supposed to be the hot, dry season but how does it compare to somewhere like Aus?

2. How much could you survive on a month with your own apartment and eating a paleo diet consisting mainly of bought food, lifting weights steadily etc? I’ve heard about 500 to 700 US a month. That true?

3. Since I prefer banging white girls, what is the PU scene in Chang Mai like for swooping white girls (probably backpackers), and are they there during the dry season?

Thanks, after hearing all your adventures I’ve decided to have my own.
- Dave

Anonymous November 30, 2012 at 11:36 am

Somehow I’m having a hard time believing that someone called “FlyFreshAndYoung” was a serious contributor to the red pill discussion.

Wudang November 28, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Buttercup Dew November 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Something of a shameless self promotion but ponies here is part of the manosphere too.

Men, dragons & honour:

Cranky modern men:

Learning to be a man: Big Macintosh Edition

Aurini November 24, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Speaking of Tucker Max, I used to go by Ironman on that board; and it’s thanks to the TMMB that the novel went from amateur first-attempt, to actual badass literary greatness.

Ian Ironwood November 24, 2012 at 11:04 am

Jonathan, excellent point. And an excellent segue into a quick promotion of my forthcoming book, The Manosphere: A New Hope For Masculinity. Needless to say, you feature as the seminal figure in the MGTOW chapter. Tentative release date, subject to editorial approval, is Dec. 9th in Kindle format, with other formats following quickly.

What I say in the book is largely a recap of what Jonathan said: the Manosphere is far from dead — indeed, it’s just realizing its own ascendancy. And while I miss IMF and UoM as much as anyone, you cannot deny the intellectual and creative strength in the new blogs that are arising from their ashes. Of particular note is the rise of the Old Married Guys blogs, clustered around Athol Kay, who takes a MGTOW perspective on Marriage with his Married Man Sex Life. Further, the rise of blogs around fatherhood and middle-aged Game are likewise fertile masculine territory.

Gentlemen, the important thing to remember is that the goal is to re-define and revalorize masculinity for the 21st century in terms of our own interests and issues, without the input of feminism or overmuch oversight from women in general. Whether you see our society as in decline, in revolution, or simply changing the way it’s always simply changing, the direction of that change is firmly in your hands.

Don’t screw it up.

And I was a frequent haunter of Tucker’s board, back in the day. You’re right, it was the Manosphere in microcosm. Of course, I’ve been around since the alt.men days on Usenet, back when you started the Internet with a crank, and I remember reading Asa Barber in Playboy religiously, so at the time I felt it wasn’t enough . . . but now I’m starting to get really hopeful, thanks to you and the other members of the Manosphere Jedi Council.

Thanks, Jonathan. And keep up the good work. And post more, damn it. It sucks when you get stuck at the bottom of the blog roll.

GentlemanSlut November 23, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Dulst has been inactive for time. Shame, as I liked his blog. He was using his blog to follow his goal setting, and I think the fella found out just hard it is to grind out lasting change. Hope he restarts blogging.

Michael Byc is easily one of the best currently writing. When his blog went private briefly I was most put out. I like his personal buttoning of paragraphs. Snippet.

I just found some guy called M3 who writes well. Very butthurt, but he explains it so well it’s hard not to sympathise.

As for starting a blog, you may be right.

Vicomte November 23, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Dulst might be a good blogger in ten years. For now, he’s another kid with a chip on his shoulder that thinks he’s got it all down.

I wouldn’t call M3 butthurt. He wrote one honest post that blew up, mostly because it was honest. I’d much prefer that to the posturing and pretending that goes on some places.

At least Frost knows when his readers think he’s nuts.

Matt Forney November 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Allow me to make a metaphor.

Any outdoorsman knows that if you need to get water out in the wild, you never drink from stagnant sources like swamps, because they’re always filthy and dirty. Flowing water is clean water; creeks, brooks, rivers. Drinking stagnant water will make you sick, maybe even kill you.

The manosphere is moving water, a stream that purifies and cleanses, takes you new places, but is never in the same place for long. The haters—the “anti-gamers,” the MGTOW virgins, the MRAs—are stagnant water. They sit on the Internet for all eternity, their hatred and misery multiplying, poisoning all they touch.

Lance December 13, 2012 at 11:55 pm

MGTOW is simply living how you want or as others call it, being a zeta. That does include gaming, staying single, being a hunter, and all other sorts of things. It beats following the social script like some sheep. Maybe you should read up on it a bit seeing as even I can tell from one visit to their site that a majority of them are men who got royally shafted by the system via family courts and/or divorce courts. One could easily say that “gaming” is simply twisting yourself into what women and others want rather than being happy with self. Doesn’t sound so great to me to be honest and that’s probably due to my Buddhism.

raliv November 23, 2012 at 10:37 am

maybe I should start writing again. I prowl rooshvforum still. Very sad to see the downfall of the manosphere.