Getting the Gang Back Together

by Frost on November 2, 2012

Ramen Zombie April 9, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Rowan,

‘Freedom’ by Sonny Barger will almost give you a step-by-step guide about forming a club, in as boiled down to basics as you can. You’ll have to get passed the motorcycle part if you don’t ride but the principles he lays out will give you a framework that can be applied outside of the two-wheeled world.

Donovan’s ‘Way of Men’ is a great eye-opener and definitely a worthwhile read covering the concepts from a theoretical perspective. Barger’s work is where the rubber hits the road and puts theory to practice.

Lord Munodi November 8, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I’m interested. If anyone is in the San Francisco area, please contact me.

lrdmunodi – at – gmail

Rowan November 7, 2012 at 6:23 am

Frost, have ordered book, but perhaps you could write a blog post on how to form a gang? In particular, how to find like-minded men locally.

I keep in contact with a few men in my industry but every man I know in person is failing hard. Hell, half the men I knew in University got a girl pregnant and lost their soul. I’m the only man I know working on a business, travelling, trying to kick ass and become better.

cycnical optimist November 4, 2012 at 9:02 am

this is what napolian hill speaks about in think and grow rich, networks are a prerequisite to biulding the wealth not just fical but tacit knowledge required to deal with the downfall of society, not to bastardise strategy terminilogy but strategic groups are known to perform above optimial level. just my 2 cents

Frost November 6, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Yes, Napoleon Hill was a major influence on this group as well.

Cpt. Capitalism November 4, 2012 at 7:59 am

Frost is correct.

I have my “Crew” which I’ve had for about the past 10 years. It has definitely made life more enjoyable, but much easier. It is also nice to have a real family that will cover your back if necessary.

Rob November 2, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Very motivational.

tg moderator November 2, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Tyler began raising an army.

The Geographer November 2, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Squash? Fags.

Just kidding. This shit is awesome. Every serious man needs a crew like this.

Jack Donovan November 2, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Great to read this and know that you’re taking this idea and running with it.

When the mainstream media talks about men forming their own groups, it’s always about “hiding.”

If it’s about hiding, you’re doing it wrong.

It’s supposed to be about choosing your destiny. Your gang should be an alliance. It should be about winning.

Frost November 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Although I would say that many examples of men forming groups are accurately labeled hiding. The distinction is in whether the group is focused inward or outward.

So:

Video games, fantasy, role playing games = hiding from the world by creating safe new ones in their imagination

Seduction community, actual gangs, Napoleon Hill-style circles like this one: Not hiding.

Florian November 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm

We manosphere types definitely need to meet in person. If anyone is in the Northeast US and would like to form such a group, shoot me an e-mail at jhirton{four}@gmail.com (replace the number in braces by the appropriate numeral).

GentlemanSlut November 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately.

Timely post.

Revo Luzione November 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Fuck yeah. This is great stuff.

My best bro and myself do this on a regular basis but in a much more organic, non-scripted way. We are a two-man wolf pack.

We have discussed expanding our circle of masculine influence, but have run into one significant problem straight from the post-modern files: most of our other bros are pussies. They are tied down in relationships, their balls are stuffed neatly into their wives’ or girlfriends’ coin purses. Most married guys or dudes in long-LTRs don’t have the testicular fortitude to tell their wives they’re going to hang with the bros.

Ryu November 2, 2012 at 11:56 am

Boy, you really have been negro-fied. Look at the way you talk: gangs, hustling. Still sleeping on that front – and no, having Koanic on staff does not fool me.

YouSoWould November 2, 2012 at 9:04 am

Good shout, I guess this is how societies like the Masons formed originally.

I currently only know one other person who shares my driven, motivated outlook on life, but hopefully that number will grow and I can start something like this going.