The New Anthropology: Not Completely Batshit Insane

by Frost on October 21, 2012

Allow me to introduce you to an odd friend of mine. His name is Koanic, and chances are he’s plotting your death as I write.

Confused? Allow me to explain. Koanic is a Neanderthal, you see. Also, part Melonhead. As such, he has no patience for savage Cro-Magnon simpletons, such as (perhaps) yourself. Hope that clears things up.

Still confused? Well, hold on to your dick, because it only gets weirder from here on in.

As a Freedom Twenty-Five, Manosphere, Red Pill kinda guy, you’re well accustomed to the fact that reality is often much, much different from the picture that conventional sorts of people would have you believe. Remember when you had your first dose of Roissyesque gender relations, Sailerist thoughtcrime, or Moldbuggian hisotrical revision? How shocking it felt, at first, only to grow over time into the near-certain belief that 99% of your peers are completely deluded about core aspects of life? Hold onto those memories as you read this post.

Today’s topic is: Anthropology. The study of humanity. Simple enough right? We all know the most fashionable view of humanity, i.e. are all God’s chilluns, tabula rasas waiting to be inscribed by lightworkers with M.Eds at the Department of Education.

The New Anthropology has a, er , somewhat different view of things. The New Anthropology holds that modern humans are the descendants of several different races of hominids. Here are some NA claims that are almost certainly true:

And here are some claims that I am not sold on, but I see a strong case for believing:

- Modern humans are also partially descended from a race of super-intelligent Melonheads

- Melonheads used to rule a pre-ancient world which was, in some ways, more technologically advanced than our own

- Both Melonheads and Neanderthal societies have collapsed, overrun by the simpler, stupider, but more vicious and numerous Cro-Magnons

There are also a variety of claims that I am skeptical of, but won’t completely rule out. Things like… but you know what, I’ll let you dig on your own. My Thal and Melon readers are already chomping on the bit in anticipation of exploring some exciting new ideas, and I’ve frightened the cro-mags enough for the day.

Koanic Soul is your #1 one-stop source for all things hominid. Matt Forney also has a secondary blog, Excavating Eden, complete with a brand spankin’ new link aggregator. That should get you started. Happy hunting.

The Gentleman Poet October 24, 2012 at 12:35 am

Not sold on it, but Koanic’s is an interesting read nonetheless, as is Forney’s new drop. If they are right anyone not apprised to the forerunners will be side swiped by the oncoming ego death of a new belief; if they are wrong history will cover over their mistakes before we land back in grass huts. Either way good to see it spreading.

Spoos in August October 23, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Some Neanderthal phenotypes, in particular the occipital bun, have indeed survived in modern populations. It is speculated that Neanderthal HLA haplotypes enabled H. sapiens migrations into regions with a novel parasite load.

Some Neanderthal genes have been lost (no intact mitochondrial or Y lineages), but others are still with us, and, no they are not uniformly distributed within or between populations.

Do I think that makes me some kind of redheaded, deep-socketed übermensch? No. Is it interesting to see how Neanderthal admixture contributes to the character of modern man? Absolutely.

Hipparchia October 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

Right now, I’m trying to figure out what on Earth is Tom Cruise…

While waiting for someone to announce they are the love-child of Sookie Stackhouse and Lord Voldemort.

Koanic October 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

Tom Cruise is a melon back, and Thal / Cro Mag blend in front.

His weirdness comes from moderate socket depth and narrow eye spacing. He’s got fairly large eyes.

The result is a mix of social miscalibration, sincerity, egocentrism, and ambition. Add fame and wealth and voila.

Pete M October 23, 2012 at 10:12 am

I challenge you to watch one of his youtube videos and conclude that Koanic is not bat-shit insane.

Hipparchia October 23, 2012 at 10:05 am

Swedish, hush, the Pekka-faces will get you!

Yes, kinda sounds like being sad for not getting the Hogwarts owl when you were 12.

Now, I need an example of a nation or a race that does not consider itself filled with every virtue, while the Others are soulless barbarians. I mean, it’s not like dark-skinned nations don’t feel themselves open, warm and friendly as opposed to those cold, calculating, aggressive blonds with their empty eyes which can curse you…and the other way around, of course, I’m probably the Cro-Mag bogeyman for someone out there.

But the heuristic is still nice, and still may work.

Swedish-Hallstatt October 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

And of course we are mixed with Thals. That have been conclusively proven, and is most likely one of the main things that separates us from the Sub-Saharans. But how on Earth do you expect that pure or semi-pure Thalic phenotypes to survive 30 000 years? Even if there was a significant preference among Thals to procreate with each other, the sheer numbers of generations since then will have sure that the genetic package is evenly distributed among the populace. Look have quickly the race-mixing with the Indians dispersed in the Mid-West-population. Everyone in the US seems to be 1/16 whatever these days.

Swedish-Hallstatt October 23, 2012 at 9:30 am

I am loath to psychologize other people on the internet, but this weird edenic thing appearing in the manosphere seems very closely related to the quite common belief among maladapted or dissatisfied individuals that their parents actually aren’t their real parents, that they, being special little snowflakes, must rather be the spawn of someone much more interesting/intelligent/famous/etc.

No, you’re not a hybrid of ancient starchildren fighting neander-melons. You’re most likely just an aspy nerd. Which is fine. By all means, take pride in your ancestry and personality (I do, as my nickname makes clear), but don’t be a kook.

I mean, what’s next, manospherians invents New Physics?

Koanic October 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

Of course it’s related to that phenomenon. Tex experienced it at a very early age. Nobody’s arguing that those with Neanderthal ancestry don’t face significant maladjustment issues.

Your genetic homogeneity argument is proof that redheads don’t exist, or any other recessive trait.

You can look at neanderthal vs cro magnon skulls and it’s plain as day. Look at the sockets man. Some living people today have Neanderthal eyes.

Hipparchia October 23, 2012 at 3:03 am

I went to Finland this summer. You won’t see wide-set eyes in the new generation, the country has fully bought the low-fat craze and so you see more and more narrow faces and underdeveloped bone structure. The Pekka-face is still recognizable, though. The Pekka-face will take over the world, and cover it in birch forests, and we’ll all be having lots of saunas and heavy metal music and long hair and Harley-Davidson bikes.

When I look at nations and people, I would never compare IQ. Instead, I compare what I glimpse of the imaginal realm. The one that is almost wiped out in more developed countries and very vibrant in backward ones. So the low IQ does not make us trip over our shoelaces and curse our brown-eyed genetics, just because we have a different way of parsing the world, which is mythopoetic in its nature and so not visible to scrutiny from the outside. So we appear stupid to foreigners, and foreigners, of course, appear stupid to us.

Also, we have not forgotten how to drive stick-shift.

The Geographer October 22, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Next up: Ancient Aliens on the History Channel

Swedish-Hallstatt October 22, 2012 at 7:36 pm

“- Some modern humans are partially descended from Neanderthals, a race of hominids who were smarter, gentler, and lived in smaller communities than homo sapiens.”

Sounds like Northern hunter-gathers, as well as the typical Scandinavian.

“- Modern Sapien/Thal hybrids differ from non-hybrids in important ways. Thals are more trusting, sensitive, intelligent and introspective than pure Sapiens.”

Sounds like Northern hunter-gathers, as well as the typical Scandinavian.

“- Thal ancestry can be recognized by such traits as wide, deep-set eye sockets, green eyes, red hair, introversion, and a psych profile commonly diagnosed as Asperger’s.”

Sounds like Northern hunter-gathers, as well as the typical Scandinavian.

“- Texts such as The Bible, The Epic of Gilgamesh, and various Celtic and Scandinavian oral histories are more than just fairy tales: At the very least, they contain hints and metaphorical accounts of pre-ancient history.”

Yeah, we conquered the world both historically as well as pre-historically. Perhaps we will again.

All of this was once widely known. Google FK Gunther or Madison. Unfortunately, it was all forgotten, or rather supressed, after the Downfall.

Swedish-Hallstatt October 22, 2012 at 7:29 pm

And I agree. The melonhead stuff is total crazyness.

Swedish-Hallstatt October 22, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I think you are mixing up thals with the Nordic Race. Probable a result of living in the great melting-pot.

Freezer October 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I’ve always loved your blog, but this is garbage. hope you don’t keep moving in this direction.

GentlemanSlut October 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I am simply gonna need to see research. I am more than prepared to believe in humans as descended from several differing groups. And how that has been conveniently ignored due to the scientific communities fear of such a fact being used to promote far-right politics. That ain’t new. Even Bill Bryson wrote about it.

It’s the poor understanding of genetics, and the dogshit psychiatric diagnoses that really grinds my gears. Red hair = trusting? Liberalism = narcissism? Dark features = barbarian hordes?

Get. The fuck. Out.

Motherfucker wouldn’t know a phenotype if broke into his house and shit on his kids.

Anthropology is not strong point. But if you want to venture into things like genetics and psychiatry, you best bring some science. Cold, hard, fact. I’ll make my own decisions from there. Show me a dude analysing peoples faces on some questionable website and I’ll show you a tent in a Victorian Fair. Bitch please.

Arch October 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm

It’s the biggest open secret in the world.

Instead of accepting how absolutely bizarre ancient human history is, teams of anthropologists get together on weekends to invent some strange new way the Pyramids were built, or Stonehenge, or Baalbekm just so they can stick with their purely cro-magnon ideology. Someone smarter than us came before us and the proof is in the well-engineered ruins around the world.

Hipparchia October 22, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Well, I like the idea of men who are lambs at home and lions outside, not the other way around. But I believe it’s cultural. After all, when I look at stories of women cheating, the usual case is it’s with a man who is more beta than their husbands. Submissive, kinda stupider and thus less dangerous.

Being ideologically liberal and conservative in the real world is quite possible.

Otherwise, beating scientology at its own game of total wackiness: priceless.

Quite a hard choice, will you be a Thetan or a ‘Thal…

Dulst October 22, 2012 at 11:27 am

I’ve read some of this stuff and I get quite confused by how they conflate being a neanderthal with being conservative. Most “thals” I know that look as described, and come across as kinda aspie, tend to be those ideological liberal types that place absolute equality above everything else.

The guy also says that sociopathy and extraversion are linked. I think that’s bullshit.

Koanic October 22, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Neanderthals are small group people and therefore often tend towards political liberalism due to their socialist inclusive emotional style. Anonymous Conservative believes that r/K biology dictates r/K politics; I don’t agree that’s always the case.

Aurini October 22, 2012 at 1:50 pm

AnonCon’s hypothesis – heck, it’s well supported enough to be called a theory – has an incredible ammount of useful information to it. That said, it’s main premise is not an ur-theory. I think it’s eminently comparable to Game which, itself, is simply a generalized rule for the extreme cases. AnonCon, for instance, would admit that the differing voting patterns between men and women aren’t due to r/K-type breeding; (I don’t think that) most low-level liberals are narcissists in his view, but the high-level ones almost certainly are.

*Ahem*

The Thal theories – while I’m uncertain about them evidence-wise – make so much intuitive sense to me that I can’t ignore them. I’m hardcore MT with a majorly conflicted nature – extrovert/introvert, violent/gentle. All of my close friends are Thals, and anybody with the traits can’t read through his stuff without immediately identifying with it. I’m still uncertain if it’s actually genetic, or if it’s just a form of personality drift, but it’s something very real.

Most importantly I find the heuristics useful; I now use them in determining who I can trust in the inner circle, and who will use me for my overly-trusting nature.

Frost October 22, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Yes, absolutely.

I think the evidence is quite strong for the existence of the Thal type. Melons, much less so. Could be just a few phony skulls and the extreme right end of the Cro-mag bell curve.

But even if KS is 100% wrong about the genetics, his typology jives 100% with my life experience and introspection.

Koanic October 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I agree. I think it’s important to remember that AC’s r/K is a VERY zoomed out approximation. It applies generally to all species; it is not even specific to humans. So it’s not surprising that K genetics don’t precisely map to “K” politics – a term that contains significant ambiguity anyway. Socialism and equality might be fine for the small tribes Thals originally evolved in. Does that mean socialism at a national scale is K? It’s an incomplete but useful paradigm.

Hipparchia October 22, 2012 at 9:49 am

Bulgaria. Cool if you know the right places and the food, but trashy, according to developed-country standards. Chaotic, backward and traditional.

Hipparchia October 22, 2012 at 7:43 am

Quite a cute site. May hold some truths, though.

But please explain: I live in a whole nation of folk with the above-mentioned “good” facial features, and it still sucks. Granted, we are more reticent, introvert and with tight-knit communities, but it’s because we are a backward little country, not because we are genetic geniuses. Or maybe we ARE genetic geniuses…

I need to look at my head in the mirror, what I thought was a hamster may be a case that I am indeed a powerful and formidable genetically superior female.

Well, now back to my world domination plans. Call me when they organize the Bene Gesserit and the Honored Matres.

Frost October 22, 2012 at 9:18 am

Which country? How does it suck?

Koanic October 22, 2012 at 1:13 pm

When I Google Bulgaria I see a lot of Cro Mag faces, darker skin, and an IQ of 93, relative to Western Europeans. All that points to lower average Neanderthal admixture. If you have specific pic examples, feel free to send them in.

Hipparchia October 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Oh, dear, I guess you just reached the vibrant Roma population of Bulgaria.

We are the perfect example of a stratified society. We have the faces that you saw and then- the intellectuals, programmers, artists, but you don’t see them as often in the news. Culturally, in the past 100-60 years we have moved from a k-selected society to r-selection outbreeding any good traits. So the k-selected are a minority, but the social dynamic is still here, along with other Thal heuristics.

I don’t know how our faces line up. But Bulgaria is a country of extremes, not averages, and those extremes get stratified, so my social circle has a completely different outlook on life. And kids are taught not to mix inappropriately.

Frost October 22, 2012 at 3:18 pm

My sample size is a group of three Bulgarian guys I met in Spain, but they were very Thalish, similar to many Hungarians that I met.

FYI, if anyone wants to meet fellow Thals, the Camino De Santiago is basically Thal heaven. Somehow the prospect of a one-month solo hike appeals to introverts, who knew? Add to that, you’re trekking through Basque country for the first half.

Hipparchia October 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm

We have a lot of paleolithic findings of Neanderthals, I’m not sure about the genes. What matters more to me is the social dynamic, and the way some women find displays of macho behavior toward them very distasteful.

I, for one, believe mankind should be categorized into Moomins, Hemulens, Fillifjonks, Mymbles and several other types.

Aurini October 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Given the sharp dichotomy of the comments, I think this is either something you can see, or you can’t; us Thals see it immediately. Nobody else will.

I don’t think this is a productive line of discourse for Freedom Twenty-Five; but that’s just my two cents.

Koanic October 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm

It would seem in defending your country you have undermined your thesis. Do the upper strata display more prominent Thal characteristics (the introverted ones anyway)? If so this is what the model predicts.

Hipparchia October 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Yes, they do look different, and act different.

And I don’t really have a thesis about facial features, but let’s say you see more deep sockets in the concert hall than in a dance club.

c October 22, 2012 at 4:58 am

sorry bro, but koanic soul is beyond retarded.

Matt Forney October 21, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Welcome to the crazyhouse, my friend. Everyone thinks I’m nuts. I’ll show them. I’ll show them…

Just two questions:

1) Have you joined the Neander Hall yet? That’s where the really fun stuff goes down.

2) No link to Texas Arcane? He’s the guy who got the ball rolling on all this.

Frost October 22, 2012 at 9:17 am

I’ve been lurking at the NH for a while. Will get around to dropping some personal perspectives soon.

I snubbed TA in this post, but only because his style would immediately put off anyone who isn’t at least partially sold already. He is the #1 source of original research, but you and Koanic are far better ambassadors. Anyone who pokes their head down the rabbit hole will eventually wind up grappling with TA.