The Christian Player’s Code

by Frost on September 21, 2012

Christian readers, make sure you’re caught up on this week’s background posts:

Two Games

Two Games Part Deux

What Does The Bible Actually Say About Pre-Marital Sex?

Rationalizing Fornication, and

The Christian Man’s Trilemma.

Today we’re going to wrap it all up with the Christian Player’s Code. But first, a word on the purpose of all this.

All men have a natural tendency to retreat from challenge and adversity. Cowardice is the natural human condition, and we all must fight against it on a daily basis. The last thing any of us wants to do though, is admit this to ourselves. We seek out excuses. We construct intricate webs of rationalizations, to justify whatever course of action we subconsciously deem to be the least threatening to our egos.

Case in point: PUA Hate is an unintentionally hilarious forum for men who are afraid to attempt to improve their dealings with women, and so spend hundreds of hours reassuring each other that Game isn’t real. There also exist a variety of virgin-authored “men’s rights activist” blogs whose sole purpose seems to be constructing an arbitrary framework of beliefs which portray their cowardice as nobility. But we have better things to do today than link to any of them.

The non-Christian anti-game world is small, however, and destined to remain so. Secular cowards must undergo a complicated series of mental gymnastics to justify their inaction. The average man can clearly see their self-delusion for what it is.

The modern Christian man, however, is in a dangerous position. The combination of a real (though mild and vague) scriptural basis for the sinful nature of unbridled whoremongering, and the zeal with which feminist-infiltrated Churchian institutions will grab any stick that they can use to beat the men in their congregations, creates a noble-feeling escape hatch for cowardly Christian men. It’s all too easy to sit at home, self-righteously pouting throughout your twenties, and then settle down with a “born-again virgin” when your pastor starts giving you the old Man Up And Marry Those Sluts stink-eye when you start getting long in tooth.

According to such men, having sex with women who are (basically, and from a biblical standpoint) whores is simply the worst thing you can do, while marrying a sloot is doing God’s work. Well, let’s see. Total mentions of whoremongering in the bible: Less than five. Total mentions of adultery: Roughly one billion.

Sorry, mincing Christian friends. Your Churchian logic might work with your ego, but it holds no water here. You want the moral high ground because you dress your submission to the feminist cause in Christianity? Remember:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”

The reality is that the modern Christian young man must choose between the Trilemma of celibacy, adultery, or finding some reconciliation of the Christian and Seduction lifestyles.

For those who seek the third way, here are the three rules to follow if you want to minimize the damage you do to your soul:

1) There are good girls out there. When you meet them, tread carefully.

The majority of women you encounter will be battle-hardened veterans of the sexual marketplace. If they don’t know how to protect their own hearts by now, that’s not your problem.

But there are still some girls who, by virtue of youth, good parenting and a sheltered upbringing, retain some of their naivete. Perhaps it’s inevitable that such girls’ eyes are eventually opened to the dark truth about humanity and the cynical age we live in, but at least you don’t have to be the one to do the opening.

From a Christian perspective, this is more than just good karma. Taking a ride on the village VirtuCar is mere whoremongering. A sin, but no great one. Pumping and dumping a virgin is, technically marriage and divorce. Much more serious shit.

2) Stay of your neighbour’s lawn

Being the other man is fun. On a practical level, a girl whose “provider box” is already occupied, will give you zero static about your desire to keep things explicitly casual.

You can also make the argument that a girl who is going to cheat, is going to cheat. Passing up on that free pussy is like walking past a dropped wallet – the next guy is just going to pick it up and keep the cash anyways. I think this argument is usually true.

But still, that’s some negativity you don’t need to bring into your life. There are plenty of willing slutty single girls out there, and they don’t come with jealous boyfriends who correctly guessed her phone password and now want to put an icepick through your skull.

3) You shall make your mission, and not women, your priority.

Here, we turn to a different source of scripture: The Sixteen Commandments Of Poon.

“III. You shall make your mission, not your woman, your priority

Forget all those romantic cliches of the leading man proclaiming his undying love for the woman who completes him. Despite whatever protestations to the contrary, women do not want to be “The One” or the center of a man’s existence. They in fact want to subordinate themselves to a worthy man’s life purpose, to help him achieve that purpose with their feminine support, and to follow the path he lays out. You must respect a woman’s integrity and not lie to her that she is “your everything”. She is not your everything, and if she is, she will soon not be anymore.”

This is not just good inner game advice. It is good life advice. If your number one priority in life is the next notch, that’s a problem no matter what you think about the virgin birth.

As a Christian man, you already know what your mission in life is. You don’t care much about racking up fresh conquests at two AM in nightclubs. But, if in the course of your life, you capitalize on the opportunities that, in our promiscuous age, will often fall right into your lap, it’s not the end of the world. As commenter Koanic put it, “Fornication is not for men the big sin Churchians make it out to be. It’s still a sin, just like gossip.”

So keep your eyes on the prize, Christian men, and let the small stuff slide.

* * *

I will end this post with one major and obvious caveat: Fornication and whoremongering are sins. If you are a Christian, and you aspire to perfection, you can and should avoid them.

But first ask yourself: Are you using the the bible’s mild prohibition of pre-marital sex to justify greater sin, such as a cowardly and craven life that brings no glory to either yourself or God? If so, it’s time to put away your faux-piety and start playing the Two Games.

Stryker September 25, 2012 at 11:35 pm

(R)evolutionize,

“You can still live an ethical life by developing your own code of behaviors that allow you to be congruent. ”

Yeah, and we have every half educated miscreant pulling his own moral code out of his ass and afflicting us all with it. I would rather live by something a little more time tested.

Also, the guy who lived ‘biblically ‘ for a year failed to take into account the New Testament and what it means for the moral codes of the Old Testament, so his ‘experiment’ could be entitled “Adventures in Missing the Point.’

Stryler September 25, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Cane said “By the way, I’m don’t agree with your definition of marriage; I’m just pointing out the inconsistency. Marriage has to take place under authority to be legitimate.

So, sorry, independents, sex is not marriage”

Yes it is , according to Jesus and Paul. Both talk about ‘the two becoming one flesh’ God’s joining of two people through sex act. That is why Paul warns against prostitutes, because you unite the ‘members of Christ with a prostitute’ and become one flesh.
The state only recognizes and confers legal rights to the union. Man, either through civic pronouncement or religious ‘blessing’ adds nothing to the one flesh union accomplished through sex in the eyes of God.
My hat is off to Elihu for a very close and cogent reading of the text.

(R)Evoluzione September 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Cool, and thanks. I’m looking forward to the next post. I’ll check out Jacobs’ work. Glad you remembered the author’s name & the piece I referenced.

(R)Evoluzione September 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm

The bible is a cultural and historical document. It is fallible, as it is written, transcribed, and translated by human beings. Not only that, it was written by and for an early agrarian society, a group of people painfully adapting to the post-foraging environment marked by disease, degradation of the biological production capacity of the immediate area, tribal conflict, and a host of other problems.

Our world is vastly differenet, obviously. We as both men and humans have a completely different set of challenges based on the complexity of modern society. There are commonalities, yet far more differences exist than similarities between today’s contextual environment and that of the biblical writers.

A truly intelligent man would take into account the ancient wisdom espoused in the bible, but realize that taking it literally would mean a reversion to late Bronze age technologies and values. To fully commit to a biblical life isn’t realistic, feasible, or in my opinion, healthy, in this day & age. A writer tried it, to live fully biblically for some period of time. Google it, it’s actually pretty hilarious. He had to “stone” a guy who admitted to being and adulterer, so he fulfilled the mandates of the bible pinging him with pebbles.

Realize if you do commit to the insanity of living by an ancient document, you’re handicapping yourself massively. You can still live an ethical life by developing your own code of behaviors that allow you to be congruent. It is completely and utterly incongruent to go through the mental and emotional contortionism as pointed out by Cane Caldo, ASDF, Kwyjibo, and others, above.

Congruency is critically important in life; without congruency one cannot marshall their full energies towards anything. If you believe you’re sinning, that your behavior does not curry the favor of your god, that your actions do not please your god, that you are placing your soul in danger of eternal damnation, how can one give full effort to any of these “sinful” behaviors, such as the Two Games (that was a great post, by the way).

Elihu September 25, 2012 at 8:09 am

You’re thinking of AJ Jacobs. Great writer. Check out his Esquire piece on Radical Honesty, and his book “Life as an Experiment” or something like that.

I started a long response, but I’ll give you a better answer in my next post. For now I’ll just say great comment.

Kwyjibo September 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm

It’s alright man, tell yourself anything you like. You should see the mental gymnastics I perform when I lay pipe on some tubster.

I do reject your implied premise that the Christian way is mediocrity followed by slut-marriage. Here, try this alternative:

Be Christian > Be awesome > Toil, and build a good life > get hot girl > marry her

That isn’t a Christian issue: thats a ‘don’t piss your life away’ issue.

Elihu September 25, 2012 at 8:04 am

“You appear, whether you see it or not, to be appealing to Christians who are stumbling through mediocrity to a shit marriage.”

That’s my intention. Thanks for the close read.

I hope it’s obvious that I have a lot of respect for Christianity. So much respect, that I enjoy calling out the 90-95% of modern “Christians” who are anything but. I have no doubt that there are many, many Christians who follow the official Kwijybo plan (and probably find more happiness/fulfillment than your typical pick-up artist) but in my experience, a lot of churchgoing men use a phony fear of God to excuse their inability to sin.

Cane Caldo September 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

This is seriously confused.

1) The wages of sin is death. To advocate any sin is to kill yourself by telling others to kill themselves.

2) You make the case that to have sex is to marry, if it’s with a virgin. Then you make the case that to have sex with a slut is a minor sin….except if she’s a slut, she’s already married. You also make the case that it is bad to have sex with a married woman because she belongs to someone else. But every slut is married, by your definition. Continued below.

3) You don’t fully appreciate the corruption of adultery. Having sex is the physical marriage. Jesus tells the adulteress not that she’s on her fifth husband–but that she has FIVE husbands. In other words, you’re in marriage with another man, or more. It’s a form of homosexuality.

4) The biggest danger for the romantic man (what other type wants to marry in this world?) is not that the slut is secretly married, or pregnancy, or STDs–it’s that he will “fall in love” with her, and do something he shouldn’t.

Cane Caldo September 22, 2012 at 2:45 pm

So, sorry, independents, sex is not marriage. Sorry, barbarians, rape is not marriage. Sorry, feminists, marriage is not rape.

erik September 21, 2012 at 3:25 pm

There is no justification of fornication under the law. Rapists were put to death when they had sex they weren’t married by the act of sex. Also if a man and a woman were caught having sex they weren’t married, they were both to be put to death. Obviously by grace we are forgiven of all sins, but the moral laws did not change. The new testament allowed for freedom from ceremonial laws like kosher statutes, but still called for believers to flee sexual immortality.
Finally, you are trying to confuse the issue to justify wickedness. A carnal believer may think they can play this game and use their liberty to indulge, but Jesus is not fooled. Bottom line, if you believe then fornication shall damage your walk with God, and you will suffer loss.

John Doe September 21, 2012 at 11:33 am

Simon, I converted at an early age (20) and was celibate until I married my bride at 25. Since she left me after 27 years of marriage (I only knew a little about game and did not practice it on my wife, so it is much my fault), I now look back at those 5 years of celibacy as being wasted. OMG, if I could go back, knowing what I know now… but if you do go celibate, find a good woman and game the hell out of her the rest of your life.

Doc September 21, 2012 at 11:13 am

“2) Stay off your neighbor’s lawn”

Definitely words to live by… When I was much younger, I violated this all the time – mostly because such women were easy, and I didn’t have to go through the usual hassle when it came to meeting them and having sex. Yes, it was fun. Yes, it was easy. Yes, I got off knowing that I was doing things with wifey that hubby would never get to do. And the ones that got knocked up – well, that is someone’s problem but not mine.

These days – it just isn’t worth the problems, and my target age is 18-25 – too young to be married, so why slum with the married ones?

Rob September 21, 2012 at 8:01 am

WTF are you writing about? If you don’t want an audience, keep writing like this. I was looking forward to the new blog…sex and cash or whatever it was called. This last week has been close to unreadable.

Francis Begbie September 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Screw that. These have been a great series of posts, on stuff I’ve been thinking about a lot recently. Never thought I’d find myself saying that lol.

Elihu September 25, 2012 at 7:57 am

My ideal reader is the man who is interested in game and philosophy. If that’s not you…

Simon September 21, 2012 at 6:54 am

All I can say is I’m massively impressed. You’re a much more honest non-Christian than I ever was, and when you do convert you’ll be a much better Christian.

For what it’s worth, I’ll let you know about my progression in this area. Became a Christian, but still wanted to fuck everything. Became more selective over time. Had a look at integrating my own thinking with Koanic Soul. Koanic Soul is workable, and I have respect for Koanic, but it’s only for people who do not worry about the fate of their soul.

It was only recently that I stopped actively chasing women. I’m still not strong enough to say fuck it to the whole thing and go celibate until I’m married, but I suspect it is only a matter of time.

Mastering your primal passions is one of the hardest, but one of the most important things in this modern age. The man who does will become a giant among men.

asdf September 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

I’m much the same. In a healthy person success in some area diminishes need. Getting laid should make a guy need to get laid less. Making some cash should make money less important. Etc. If it doesn’t your basically an addict, and no quantity is ever going to make you happy. An ever diminishing pleasure for an ever increasing vice. That’s Satan’s game.

If your really at the point where you believe in God I think its hard to say, “God says this is wrong, but its not that wrong so I’m doing it.” Making an honest attempt but failing is one thing. That’s just the failability of man. But claiming that God is a liar, or some of his truths just aren’t that important, now that is grade A blasphemy. That’s worse then simply being ignorant of sin.

There was a quote I read somewhere recently that said essentially, “the easiest way not to be a hypocrite is to not have any values. You can’t violate your own values if you have none.” That’s modern liberals answer to guilt. Don’t have any values and you can’t fall short. When you actually value things you take the risk of becoming a hypocrite, but certainly its better then the alternative.

The question is why are you a hypocrite? Are you a hypocrite because you are making an honest good faith effort and failing (since all men fall short of perfection) or are you simply stating values you don’t believe or have no intention of making a serious effort towards. The first is practically why Christianity and Jesus exist. The second is sin.

Now, on sexual morality God has spoken to me very little. I’ve mostly felt his presence, quite strongly, in regards to my mission. There are only three aspects on which I believe God has spoken to me about sexuality. First, that I should start a family one day. I have very strong urges in this regard. Second, that I needed to dump my last GF, who was a players perfect dream but also a terrible candidate for marriage and family. Third, that I’ve reached the point of diminishing return on notches. In my last relationship I could practically feel my ability to pair bond breaking. Whereas early romantic success greatly increased my ability to hold mastery over women, I feel I’ve reached the point where its really hurting my ability to love anymore.

Still, do I feel guilty about all those notches? No. I didn’t really feel guilty doing them. I should feel something, some kind of guilt if something is wrong. I’ve felt it very strongly on certain matters. But almost never with sex.

If your a Biblical literalist it’s celibacy or marriage buddy. Everything else is moral masturbation that is probably worse then flat out ignorance. I’m not a literalist, so its not a problem, but that doesn’t excuse you from trying to focus on what God wants from you rather then seeing if he’s looking while you do what you want.

{ 1 trackback }