The Perks Of Early Adoption

by Frost on February 23, 2012

I wrote a book!

In a lot of ways, it was a damn good one. But as I explained in my review, it wasn’t what it should have been, so I’ve decided to write a 2nd edition which will be tighter, better, and include a bit of extra content. I’m also reducing the price to $3.99, and discontinuing the paperback option.

Great news! Right?

Well, if you’re one of my early readers who already shelled out $11.99 for the first edition – no, it’s not so great. You’ve paid more for an inferior product. Dick move on my part.

Here’s how I’m going to make it right:

If you already bought the first edition of the book, send me an email specifying whether you have the Kindle or Paperback edition. I will ask you to quote a specific line to confirm.

First, everyone who purchased a copy of the first edition will be entitled to a free copy of the second edition.

Not only that, everyone who bought the first edition will also receive a free advance draft of my next book, The 2012 End Of The World Tour.

On top of that, here is my promise to you, the core group of early readers:

I will never charge you, for anything, ever, for the rest of my life.

Every book I write, you will receive a free copy on or before the launch date. Any other information products, membership sites, or 99c Kindle articles – they will all be yours for the taking. Send me an email and I’ll get you on a mailing list that will entitle you to free launch day editions of every word I ever write, for the rest of my life.

Well, not really. I’ve already given away the farm. But if you bought F25 1.0, I still owe you something.

I released the first edition of Freedom Twenty-Five before it was ready, and for that I apologize.

It’s not like the book is a steaming pile of dog shit. I’ve received dozens of emails from people who really liked it, and used it to change their lives, and zero that were negative. Lots of people I respect reviewed the book and found many more positives than negatives.

But as I’ve said – it was incomplete, and the last group of people I want to see suffer for that are the ones who believed in me from the start. Please take this lifetime’s supply of my ramblings as a token of my gratitude.

Kyran February 26, 2012 at 2:11 am

Mm, I guess my copy got lost in the mail, guess I’ll have to shell out for it after all. :D

Frost February 27, 2012 at 6:43 am

Kyran, I just searched my email and found your address – you’re right, my bad.

I’ve added you to the free book/swag list.

Cheers!

Frost

Bill Powell February 25, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I know a couple of teenage boys that really liked the first edition of your book. But then again, I gave it to them thinking that they might find some value from someone much younger than myself who had been through much of what they were facing in their future. I’ve got to give you props Frost, those two little shitheads seem to be more focused on their future and what is really going to make them happy as young adult men. I hope your edit doesn’t take out what those two boys found valuable.

Frost February 27, 2012 at 6:44 am

Thanks!

I didn’t take out any content. Basically I just ripped through the book and conveyed the same information in 75% of the space. So it still has that “Freedom Twenty-Five Magic” everyones always talking about.

Rosenberg February 25, 2012 at 4:28 pm

That’s mighty white of you, Frost. Site’s looking good, too.

Frost February 27, 2012 at 6:45 am

Thanks! I figured what better time than 1.5 years in, to actually design a header.

Mike February 25, 2012 at 12:21 am

I have a lot of respect for you for pulling a move like this. Sadly, I stumbled across your blog too late to pick up one of the first batch, but so far I’ve liked what I’ve seen enough to justify spending much more than 4 bucks on a few pieces of advice. Hope everything keeps working out for you.

Frost February 25, 2012 at 4:31 am

Thanks a lot man! Keep your eye on the mailing list and my twitter account, there will be many more freebies in the pipe.