Don’t Get Married, Part 5: The Future Of Marriage

by Frost on November 24, 2011

Meyer December 1, 2011 at 11:54 am

Frost, you’re a wise and well-spoken guy at 26. Thanks and kudos for these posts.

David November 29, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I don’t understand the disdain for outspoken atheists. Thanks to them, I know a lot more about religion and the bible than I ever would have if I had limited myself to what the church teaches. The problem I see is that they are screaming “take the red pill” to a population that is very happy with the blue pill. There are many religious people that would take the red pill if they were aware of it. Disdain for atheists seems to me to be a lot like an AFC’s disdain for game advocates.

Paul Murray November 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Dear old C S Lewis! What contortions he had to go through to make Christianity seem legitimate! What a mangle he had to put it through! If you are tempted to say, “Hmm, that does sound kinda reasonable”, just compare his writings with what actual Christians actually believe, out in the real world.

Anonymous November 26, 2011 at 1:11 am

I can see how this might work if all contracts are sacred and the courts treat men and women equally…. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh god I hurt myself just writing that.

Adi November 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm

One of the most overlooked problems with the concept of marriage is that it’s shaped around a society, whose members lived an average lifespan of around 25 years. In such a society “till death do us apart” isn’t such a big deal.

Quite apart from the lack of sexual fulfillment, devoting your life to one person for half a century or more is mind numbing, dull, repetitive, boring and cruel. A dedicated marriage is the best way to hold you back, domesticate and subdue your creativity and capacity to learn, grow and accomplish goals.

Simon November 25, 2011 at 4:01 am

LOL.

“I am not a religious man, and I hope my god-fearing readers will attempt to see this issue from my perspective: To a man who has not been raised to believe by his family, schools and culture, Christianity is as obvious of a myth as Islam, Norse Pantheism and the flying spaghetti monster. As much as I despise outspoken atheists, and as much common cause I will find with Traditional Christians, I highly doubt that I will ever believe. And if you can’t convince me – as church-friendly of an atheist as you’ll ever find, and a man who read Peter Hitchens’ excellent The Rage Against God: How Atheism Led Me To Faith, and is currently reading C.S. Lewis’s Mere Christianity in an effort to tempt himself into belief – you have zero chance of converting anyone else my age.”

This is exactly what I thought, only 12 months ago. I converted. You simply haven’t recognized you’re a status-seeking retard yet. You will. Truth will lead you to Christianity. It is inevitable.

anonymous November 25, 2011 at 2:53 am

this is all way too complicated. The easy solution to the problem is default father custody as part of the marriage contract, meaning father “owns” any children. If the woman won’t sign on the dotted line, then it will be clear that she intends to reserve all rights for herself. Which is the case without a marriage contract, so there would be no point for a man to enter a marriage contract with her.

with default father custody and DNA testing, a man could marry a slut without too many worries. 98% of women bond strongly with their children, so they won’t mess around if they know they could be kicked to the curb without the children and a generous child support check.

{ 1 trackback }