Don’t Get Married, Part 3

by Frost on November 11, 2011

Aurini November 15, 2011 at 9:28 pm

The comments by Rowan and Jackytar are amazing.

Let me add one thing to your argument (it seems to be the direction you’re going in); cops aren’t just “not good guys” anymore, they’re outright villains. The war on drugs is just one factor, but it’s the most obvious – they spend most of their time imprisoning innocent people, pounding down hard on the decent citizen, and precious little dealing with the actual thugs (who’d be far fewer in number if we had good police practices).

Supporting Good in an Evil society leads to Evil; you’re passively helping it by doing so. Morally, the calling is to sit back and watch it burn.

Jackytar November 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I’m twice your age, but only half as savvy. I’m not married, and most likely never will be. I grew up in a rural part of eastern Canada, in a small town where the girls I went to kindergarten with were the same girls I graduated high school with. It was a friendly, prosperous town, everybody knew each other. When I went out into the world, I soon discovered that most of the girls I met were cold, indifferent and sarcastic most of the time. It was years before I realized it wasn’t really my fault. Being a nice guy was always good enough to get along with girls, until it wasn’t.
With the benefit of hindsight, I now realize that when I left my hometown in 1979, I was jumping 20 years into the future; that’s how old fashioned it was. No complaints, I had a great childhood, but it didn’t prepare me for the outside world.
Discovering the Manosphere by accident a couple of years ago ( thanks Ferd!) really opened my mind to what was going on under the surface that I’d been too dense to see. Things that had happened to me or my friends over the decades suddenly came into sharp focus where they had always been blurry. The scales fell from my eyes. What I thought was the behaviour of individual women was revealed to be the behaviour of damn near all women. The entitlement complex, the lust for jerks and assholes, the use of the divorce courts to bankrupt husbands and take away the children- I’ve witnessed it all, and have only put together all of the pieces recently.
A lot of young men that I work with have figured it out, mostly through trial and error. Some are the assholes who are getting laid like tile, and who say that they’ll never get married. Most are just regular guys who see what’s happening more and more and are recoiling in shock at the women out there. At my age, I only get to meet a few young women through work, and the coarse language and casually slutty behaviour still puts me off. Not one lady among them. Definitely not marriage material, and the young men know it.
Keep up the good work.

Mike November 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Wow amazing post. I don’t have anything to contribute really, but my man, you are tellin it like it is. Welcome to the 21st century.

Money is the only thing that’s honored and respected. Thats the only thing that matters

Rowan November 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm

There is a third option, join another culture.

I have a friend in the UK, let’s call him John. He was born into a christian family but ‘didn’t agree with their interpretation’ of the Bible. When John turned 18 he converted to Islam. He was 20 when I met him at our University, it was quite a shock seeing this normal White guy going to pray with all the Muslim students. More shocking still, he had a wife! And she was PREGNANT!

The Muslim community he lived in helped him meet his wife, married them, rented a small two bedroom house to them at 1/3rd of the standard rate and helped him out with a car. Everyday he would head to the University, put in an 8 hour day, get perfect grades, then he’d go home, have dinner with his wife and usually others in the community, then he’d go into his study and work on his own business. In our final year of University John told me he was finally giving more than half his income back to the community. He’s now running a software company and doing very well I’m told.

At the time, I was mostly drunk, chasing girls, ‘hanging out’ and playing video games. I just assigned John to a little ‘eccentric’ list in my mind. But now I understand him, or at least I think I do. He was a true believer in God, and as a software developer he was a very logical person. He saw the hypocrisy in the modern touchy-feelie christianity, ‘homosexuality is a sin, unless anyone here is offended by that’. You get the idea. But Muslims take their religion seriously, everything is absolute, they really believe and live accordingly. He’s now the head of a family, a pillar of a community, dozens of people rely on his work, advice and time.

I think I’d like that too, to be needed by so many people, to know I’m not just working for my own needs, to be part of something greater than myself.

Think I’ll go have a beer.

Johnny Milfquest November 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

“The only question you have to answer is: Which path will you choose? Will you dedicate your life to sacrificing for the good of society – and be despised for it? Or will you live on your own hedonistic terms, selfishly, without regard for the social fabric, and perhaps even develop a bit of a taste for the sight of it burning down around you?”

Exactly. Watch it burn.

Adam Isom November 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Anyone can say “very correct analysis”, and it feels really good.
Anyway, I’m uncertain about the women’s attitude to marriage thing. It’s definitely true among conservatives–at least some of them–that they have an even greater social barrier to divorce. Part of it is that they have lots of children, and although child welfare payments may be unfair, it can’t be as bad as having to raise multiple kids by yourself.
What I’m saying is qualified since the women I’m interested in are not the sort who are going to labor under strident religious-conservative delusions their whole life. I am sure though, however certain your tone, that women’s vs men’s attitudes to marriage aren’t quite like how you’re saying for a substantial fraction of people.

Oriental Thunder November 11, 2011 at 8:48 am

Very correct analysis. Getting married is a waste of time and money for men who don’t want children. The money spent buying a fancy house and useless crap and shared vacations that wives like is better invested taking vacations to places where beautiful women are not spoiled. Some of my best friends are trapped with wives who treat them like crap.

{ 1 trackback }