Don’t Get Married: Part 2

by Frost on November 10, 2011

Jehu November 13, 2011 at 1:52 am

About 10% of women in the US are acceptable risks to marry IMO. I’ve got a few posts on this subject there that might be useful to you or your readers insofar as identifying them.

Megan November 10, 2011 at 5:16 pm

So if you’re 26, and she’s 12 now, you’ll wed when you’re 45 and she’s 31. I’m a little surprised you aren’t shooting for kindergartner, but I guess that might tip the SMV scales too far in her favor, huh?

Frost November 11, 2011 at 12:57 am

The important thing is that all my future wives went to kindergarten at some point, and learned how to share their toys with the other girls.

Scott November 10, 2011 at 3:28 pm

It’s so fitting that her name is Kat considering how much time she’ll be spending with them in the future.

Johnny Milfquest November 10, 2011 at 5:09 pm
Kat Skull November 10, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Divorce is one of the main reasons why I’m actually afraid of being married. How do I know that I commit to one man for the rest of my life?

I change so much with my interests and I’m still in school. How do I know that one man will love me even through these different phases of my life?

I don’t necessarily consider marriage a sham altogether, but I don’t think its right for me at this point in my life. I’d rather have an established career, a place of my own to live, and then find someone to include in my life. The key is that I have to reach my personal goals first before I can include someone, which could take anywhere from 10-20 years. And that seems like FOREVER from now!

I’m ready to find someone though and I do keep an open mind when I go on dates. I try to envision a future (am I the only one?) together. If I’m not interested I don’t go on another date with them. I’m not ready to get married, but I am ready to at least find a boyfriend with the same ideals about marriage.

Kat

Michel November 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Hahaha.

Johnny Milfquest November 10, 2011 at 5:09 pm

If you’re *serious* about getting married to the best man available to you and having kids with him, I’d do that sooner rather than later cupcake.

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

Arch November 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Among the many Grand Ironies here, if you really do wait 20 years, somehow skip over The Wall, and find a man who meets your 469 bullet point checklist, you may find yourself spending every penny of your accumulated wealth up to that point on fertility treatments to defy the natural degeneration of your reproductive system.

TL;DR – Cheaper to have babies before your pink parts dry out.

Frost November 11, 2011 at 12:50 am

I actually think she’s got more figured out than most girls her age.

Kat, two things to keep in mind. One, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to lock down a high-quality man, partly because you’ll be getting older, and partly because your definition of high-quality will change as you spend your mid twenties dating around, and achieve more status in your career.

I also don’t think that waiting until you’ve figured out who you are and what you want is a bad idea either. The problem is that it takes most men and women in our generation until they’re 30 to ‘find themselves.’ Not so much of a problem for a man, but for a woman with a ticking clock, different story.

Bottom line, I can’t really tell how old you are from the tiny thumbnail. If you’re 22 and writing this, I’ll warn you that you probably have less time than you think, but you’ll probably be OK. If you’re 28, it’s time to enter crisis mode.