One Year of Freedom

by Frost on October 3, 2011

Jake August 15, 2012 at 12:24 am

NICE. Well done. I tell my friends to take that exact route all the time, but they just won’t leave their little safe cages.

I just spend eight months in Thailand (lots of bloglet posts about all the parties, sideline girls, mafia daugthers and general amusement), now in Cambodia (which is more interesting in some ways).

Big world, enjoy!

Simon Rierdon October 10, 2011 at 8:29 am

The best of luck in your endeavors Frost, I got out of the rat race a little over a month ago and it’s the best thing I ever did. I think this society would quickly change if more men did like us and decided to live their lives under their own terms, not some outdated idea of what success is.

Black and Blue Man October 9, 2011 at 8:20 am

Fortune favours the bold.

All the best! :)

Squared October 5, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Very inspiring. I’m two years younger than you, increasingly fed up of my own shitty office job and have a feeling I’ll be going down a similar path as yours in the not too distant future. I’ll be following your adventures eagerly. Keep us updated.

Random Angeleno October 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Cool! Chok dee khrap!

I have been all over Thailand and Chiang Mai was my fave destination. I really liked it there and am seriously considering it as a retirement destination to stay at for a couple of years. You can get to a lot of places from its airport and for other places, you can easily connect through Bangkok.

Looking forward to your updates.

TCarlyle October 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Looking forward to Year 2.
I’m 2 years older and 1 year behind you.
Good luck.

Codeazure October 4, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Great post. Good to see you willing to roll the dice like this.

Be careful with Thai women, only date ones who don’t work in the sex industry.

I won’t say “good luck”, because you make your own luck when you do things like this.

Z October 4, 2011 at 4:22 am

Bon voyage, Frost. Expand your life.

Just don’t go the way of Pan Am (the recent TV series) and its stewardesses. It contains a variation on a theme that you’re pursuing. This “pursuit of happiness” over reproducing traditional social patterns… It’s a thing, I tell ya.

Also: Paperback or hard cover?

Dagonet October 4, 2011 at 4:22 am

This is one of the greatest things I’ve ever read. Can’t wait to hear about the next steps. Watch out for lady-boys!

Keoni Galt October 3, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Good luck Frost! One of my martial arts instructors has a saying he always tells us with regards to knife fighting – the smart thing is to stay outside of your opponents range at all times. But when you see your opening, you have to get inside and take it. “NO GUTS, NO GLORY.”

Your taking a leap of faith…faith in yourself.

A hui hou, malama pono!

xsplat October 3, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I’ve been self employed since a bit before your age, and an expat for a dozen or so years, and I have to say the best business skill I ever learned was how to live inexpensively.

My businesses go up and down, but I know how to live on extremely little, so life was always high quality.

(r)Ev October 3, 2011 at 11:43 am

Hell yeah man. Go Galt. We’ll be looking for your updates.

Peace.

Brah October 3, 2011 at 10:55 am

Hey, man, I thought you were going to Mongolia.

Slyvin October 3, 2011 at 10:21 am

“Chok dee khap!” That’s Thai for “good luck”.

Rowan October 3, 2011 at 8:25 am

The boy is becoming a boldhearted man.

NomadicNeill October 3, 2011 at 7:59 am

Sounds like a great plan.

Simon October 3, 2011 at 6:27 am

Very impressive, Frost. I know you’ll learn a lot during Year 2. DO NOT give in to complacency, for you will surely die.

As you said, we’re just getting started…