Monday Fun-Day

by Frost on October 11, 2011

Just a heartwarming story to start off your week, courtesy of the fine folks at Reddit.

Is this particular story true? Maybe. Maybe not. But in a world where the vast majority of women who file for divorce get automatic full custody, restraining orders imposed on fathers, and a culture that supports the righteousness of their actions every step of the way, shit like this happens.

Dagonet October 24, 2011 at 2:14 am

That story is fucking bone-chilling.

They should tell it to boy scouts around a campfire.

L October 20, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Blah blah blah, who cares if its not true. Parody exemplifies reality.

My mother told me that my father did drugs and banged whores. All the while she had no less than 8 different men live with us [my mother and myself] from the time I was 12 [when my father left] to the time I was 18 [and in the hose that my dad bought and renovated, no less.]

Even if its not “true,” there are many men, young men, and boys that will one day grow up, identify with it.

Tschafer October 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I agree, it’s almost certainly not true (I mean, the guy had NO visitation or contact rights? That’s odd, even in our current f**ked up system), but if we reversed the sexes in the story, everyone would KNOW it wasn’t true immediately. The fact that we are even discussing the truth claims of this story tells us something, and that something isn’t something good.

bagmoth October 12, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Isnt that 4chan?

Andrew October 11, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I seriously doubt this is true. In the same way that the kid eventually wrote off his father when he “realized” he was never coming back, the father would realistically have written off his family and moved on by then. The picture-by-the-bedside undying love for family thing is the red flag for me.

raliv October 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Probably not real. But the way we are wondering if it is real or not says it all…

Tschafer October 11, 2011 at 11:46 am

May or may not be true, but would anyone really be surprised if it was?