Men’s Rights Activists: You Will Never Win The Battle You’re Fighting

by Frost on October 24, 2011

James February 13, 2012 at 8:39 am

(… continuation)

Some MRA blogs are angry and bitter; the ones that are not are often focussed on PUA techniques, which are merely the next logical step in our current sexual dystopia. What I really like about Freedom 25 is that it points out that women as well as men are the losers in this dystopia; and that it is possible for us all to choose something better.

There is no need to imitate the feminist political model; campaigning is pretty pointless anyway until there are some concrete ideas on what this “something better” is.

You are not a reactionary, because the solution to our problems is not likely to be a return to the past. Our unique affliction is that we have too much freedom [2]; however the solution is not to take away that freedom, but to provide men and women with a reliable roadmap that will show the destination to which particular choices lead. Those who first travelled certain paths made terrible mistakes because they did not have the benefit of this knowledge.

IMHO the most important lesson is acceptance of personal responsibility. Freedom with responsibility and a reliable roadmap. This is a world away from “here’s your freedom, do whatever you want with it, but don’t ask us how it will turn out for you because we don’t know”, or the older “these are the rules you must live by, and if you do otherwise we’ll burn you at the stake”.

(Sorry everyone, I’m not sure if the complete comment fails because of its length or the presence of links – continued again …)

James February 13, 2012 at 8:35 am

Partly true.

Technology not only provided labour-saving devices in the home, it also helped with physical labour in the workplace, and provided much more work in the service sector. The result was that most paid work could be done equally well by men and women, but this fact was not reflected in the workforce. How could government and capitalism persuade women to spend more hours, more years in paid work?

Amazingly, it did so by persuading women that this would liberate them.

If feminists were useful idiots of a broader movement of cultural Marxism, then in turn the cultural Marxists were the useful idiots of government and capitalism. Taxes paid by women financed luxuries such as the Vietnam war.

I agree that the MRA *appears* not to be achieving anything. However, it is raising awareness. Until now, most people have had no reason to disbelieve the misandrist lies that pervade our culture – but these are now being laid bare, both by anecdotes and by careful analysis of official statistics [1].

It is an enormous change that knowledge can be disseminated without the say-so of a commissioning editor at Fox or the NYT. The consequences will be as large in the West as they have been in the Arab world – but more gradual. Slowly a shift in attitudes will take place, first among men, and then among women.

(continued …)

James February 13, 2012 at 8:33 am

testing

Jennifer January 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I don’t like many of your positions, but this is dead-on. No you don’t sound crazy; feminism always was about leftism, promoting liberalism and ONLY the liberal woman’s idea of womanhood. I’d say a mjority of people are sick of it now.

Robert December 13, 2011 at 2:46 am

I have not a single doubt in my mind that things will have to change we are on he verge of financial ruin we have armed republican militas training .We have familes losing their homes we have one in every 4 men between the ages of 25-35 living with mom and dad and having no sex life .We have childredn poping babies out and getting hud housing while we have vets that fought and served for our country with checks 5 timeso over ther monthly renting fee .THe extre disrespect towards men has started riots throghout the world .I hope it does not lead to that but I know with out a shred of doubt that if this system does not change quick muderes rape and even the murdering of women will be extremly normal .

Karl Marx even stated that he did not believe in women ruling over man or women having total independence from man because it would led to the universal prositution of women .Why I hear feminist talk about how Marxism relates to their idealogy I laugh insdie at the ignorance .Many want to translate marxist thought to be absolute liberation for women liberation is good but man should never be lowered to think he is worth less than a women we devalue our men world wide we have planted these seeds now we are going to have to eat them .

I encourage mens rights activist to check out this vid
I am writitng a book called “Welcome To Your Community”.It should be on scribd in 3 weeks

I currently have 85,000 signatures for Housing Rrights For Exfelons and hope that one day uncle sam will release the statistics on how many men can actually rent a hud or section 8 apartment in my 34 years I alive I have never now one man I grew up with that can rent one and we wonder why our prisons are full of men and why the streets are full of men its time for the extrem disrespt to stop support Anonymous and the Occupy Wall Street Movement

Geoff November 3, 2011 at 4:05 pm

The topic of Men’s Rights is one that I have been very interested in for a long time, though I have not written much about it on my blog because I want to avoid marginalizing my target audience.

The link between Communism; or more generally collectivism; and the Feminist movement is an interesting and important one. Collectivism is inherently about power, individuals controlling other individuals through the espousal of the virtue of self-sacrifice. The best description of this phenomenon I have ever read is still to this day the Ellsworth Toohey speech to Peter Keating in the Fountainhead. Point being, feminism was never about equality, it was about control. Then again, it was a response to patriarchy, which was also about control. So on some level, it is undeniable that feminism was a necessary market correction.

Unlike the civil rights movement, which was about equal opportunity, the feminist movement is at least partly about control; i.e. fuck men, they’re the inferior, war mongering sex that fucks up the world. This distinction is everything because it is this distinction between being win-win and being lose-lose that makes all the difference.

I also agree with you that the current men’s movement is one that will never succeed. Like the women’s movement, it is a lose-lose movement in its current incarnation. The modern Men’s movement still fosters resentment toward women for not being attracted to betas, and harnesses this resentment in the way that it deals with women. In my opinion, this resentment is analogous to the resentment toward alphas that women feel as their sexual market value drops with age.

The next logical question is how do we get to the place where we want to be. For me, it starts with strategic alignment. We need to seek agreement on basic premises and desired outcomes. Once we have alignment on these fundamental values, the debate becomes a tactical one , not a strategic one.

Lastly, wanted to bring your attention to this post from Mark Manson (formerly the pua Entropy). Think you might find it interesting: http://postmasculine.com/a-new-masculinity.

? October 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Why does the Progressive movement want to reduce civilization to smoking ash?

Jack Dublin October 24, 2011 at 2:59 pm

It seems to me that MRAs (or any current anti-establishment movement, I suppose) cannot succeed while the current society is extant. In other words the options are societal collapse or conquest, annihilation, and creation. The only real good news is that time is against the feminists.

Frost October 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Exactly. Reaction will be all or nothing. I can’t really conceive of any sort of gradual reversion to sanity.

Beagle October 24, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Don’t worry, Z, coherency is not one of these so-called “reactionary’s” priorities. I wish they’d just go about their hedonistic life and leave civilization to those who care.

Z October 24, 2011 at 12:23 pm

P.S.: I can’t believe you’re going away to have a sweet time in the tourist cloaca of Thailand instead of waging war against the pyromaniacs who are about to torch your civilisation.
Perhaps the communists really have succeeded in their plans.

Z October 24, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Yes, that is very much correct, the communists did indeed use the feminism to gain more power whenever they could. However, you have to know that after they’ve won, they ditched feminism and trampled women all over. There were (are, actually, look at China and North Korea) about ZERO women in the ruling bodies of the Communist Parties, women ended up being promoted as the birth machine for the communist society.

Of course, what you’re saying is also quite likely, communists disguising themselves as feminists to bring down birth rates, social norms and collapse the prosperous capitalist West.

But I think the first case is much more common. Hysterical women (a.k.a.) feminists aligning themselves with the first thing that will give them more attention than their daddies, whether it’s smoking ads or the communists. Same thing.

Don’t advocate the rights of men, get women back on the right side instead!

{ 1 trackback }