Fucking Golf

by Frost on October 4, 2011

discount golf clubs October 30, 2011 at 9:48 pm

oh my fucking golf

enj October 8, 2011 at 1:21 am

Why do they call it golf? Because all the other 4 letter words were taken.

Random Angeleno October 4, 2011 at 8:56 pm

A suggestion: if there are any par 3 courses near you, you might try those. Just slightly less aggravating than standard size courses and will allow you to work on your shorter game.

flyfreshandyoung October 4, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I bid you good luck.

I had the good fortune of growing up belonging to a country club, with a club pro to help when needed and unlimited rounds for whenever I could make it out. And I still hate golf.

Except I love it.

Frost October 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm

My thoughts on the game exactly. Fucking hate it, except that I love it. I’ve got a few friends with similar backgrounds as you, so hopefully their advice will be helpful.

mackpayson October 6, 2011 at 10:51 am

Me? I never hate it. I always love it. I will always and can only love it. Although she sometimes mistreats and even demeans me mercilessly I will be faithful to her. Always and evermore.

One. Good. Shot.

MarcTheEngineer October 4, 2011 at 11:45 am

When you start to not suck at golf it becomes a remarkably relaxing game to play.
It’s very zen to go on a long walk enjoying your surroundings.

Well at least it does when you aren’t having a bad game… bad games can certainly be frustrating. That and playing courses that are way beyond your skill level.

Frost October 4, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Oh, I already find it relaxing, as terrible as I am (although I shot a 148 today. woohoo…?)

My goal is to achieve a state of self-mastery such that I’m relaxed whether I’m having a good game or not. Outcome independance, in PUA parlance.

Peter Phoenix October 4, 2011 at 8:51 am

Hey Frost, are you a Kiwi? I was reading Trig and I saw you talk about Wellington. And you play rugby ;)

Anyway, I suck at golf too. But people play it because it’s a never-ending sport, you can always be improving something in your swing. It truly has no ‘mastery’ point. Enjoy the experience of it.

– Pete

Frost October 4, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Also I spell like a bloody limey.

My location and nationality is a secret, but probably one of the worst-kept ones ever. A little detective work should sate your curiousity (see, there is it!), but I’m still making a small effort to keep my real-life identity concealed. You know, in case Frost decides to start fighting crime…

{ 1 trackback }