AAAH Round #3: Can a Woman Change?

by Frost on May 2, 2011

My Name Is Jim May 4, 2011 at 6:48 pm

There is only one way to win with it … accept it as a given, understand the method to its madness, and act in the best strategy to manipulate it into getting what you want from it.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy reading your post.

My Name Is Jim May 4, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Excellent work, full of dead-on truths … and doomed to wither and die just like all that came before. The single white female mind is kind of like the Terminator. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse. And it absolutely will not stop, ever.

Extinguish May 2, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Frost, how long did it take you to complete your transformation? It would be nice to know approximately how long the whole process will take me.

Frost May 3, 2011 at 12:28 am

I’m not really a rags-to-riches story, so there was never an epic transformation. I read a bit of ev psych in high school, but really dove into it in my 1st and 2nd year of undergrad. I also came across Tucker Max, ASF, and Strauss’s book around that time.

And to the extent that I have undergone a transformation, it’s not even close to complete. I just try to keep learning, keep experiencing, and gradually get better at meeting girls and having good relationships with them.

But I think most guys can go from average dude to fit, interesting, cool, game-savvy man in under a year, if they’re smart and able to push their comfort zones. What’s your game plan?

Extinguish May 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Currently, I’m hitting the gym 6 days a week twice a day, which is the start of what I’m doing. I have one of those endomorph body types, so I have to work failry hard at holding body fat down, but the advantage is that I can add a pound of muscle per week without trouble.

I’m getting back into my little hobbies that have been on hold forever (piano, painting, fossil collecting, hiking, knife throwing…). I hope later this year to get LASIK or PRK to ditch the glasses, and by the end of the year I hope to be into the local MMA scene. I’ve only been in a few fights in my life, but there is something liberating, amazing about fighting.

I have cut out TV, video games, and most novels from my life; when I watch TV I feel like I’m waiting to die for some reason.

Eventually, my strategy vis a vis women is to pick a section of the city, scout the bars and become familiar with the territory, and than work the area. I might try something like say, do a dozen apocalypse openers per weekend just to get used to rejection, to get burnt out and insensitive to it.

Princeps May 2, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Ouch! You tore it up, Frost. I wish it weren’t true, but it is.

greenlander May 2, 2011 at 10:31 pm

This blog post was brilliant in its accurate, cold and brutal description of dating culture.

ExtremeBalance May 2, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I’m a fan and definitely here to learn but I gotta point this out (and the fact this is Round 3 in ‘Ask an asshole’).

Today: “But I guarantee you that every man alive who is successful with women will agree: Chicks Dig Assholes.”
But in the ‘How to Learn Game in One Week’ post: “Game is not being an asshole….”

Personally, I don’t think a guy has to be a true asshole to get women although some women are attracted to true assholes. As you say, quality women only want a few asshole traits, not a complete asshole.

Frost May 3, 2011 at 12:21 am

“Game is not being a complete asshole, all the time” is more what I meant in the old post, which remains true. But every girl needs at least a touch of assholery, and a good number require a double-barreled asshole shotgun (heh) to the chest, and most girls need a mix somewhere in between.

Appreciate the close read.

young'n May 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm