Chicks Dig Assholes

by Frost on April 14, 2011

I like to branch out in my reading habits. Breaking down silos, as they say.

With that goal in mind, I joined a website called 20-Something Bloggers and did some clicking. Readers beware: nowhere on Earth will you find a more fetid cesspool of narcissism, banality and unfulfilled aspirations to cute-cleverness. Mommy blogs, recipe blogs, fitness blogs, Tim Ferriss wannabe blogs – hundreds of each are being written, though not read, by the legions of mediocrity that make up the 20sb community.

But every writer must churn out great piles of pages of crap before he can write something worthwhile. And I will always, always cheer for rookie actually doing something, however badly, over the cynic sniping at him from the sideline. So I tip my hat to you, 20-something bloggers, boring though most of you are.

“Most” is not the same as “all” though, and I’ve found a few quite readable blogs amidst the rubble.

Freedom Twenty-Five readers, allow me to introduce you to Lilly, author of the fine blog, A Pre-Life Crisis. If you are interested in the life and mind of the modern mid-20ish urban single woman, I have found no better-written guide than her. Cute, too.

Now, Lilly has a bit of a problem. Men these days are jerks. In fact, The Jerks Just Keep Coming! As a result, she can’t help but wonder: Does she just have a thing for jerks?

As a public service to Lilly and my female readership, I’ll answer: Yes ladies, you do indeed like jerks.

Sometimes you like us in spite of our jerkiness (“Who cares that he’s a jerk? Look how hot he is!”) and sometimes you like us, love us even, because of our jerkiness. You know that feeling you get, when you just want to ball your hands into fists, crinkle your nose, stomp one foot on the ground and make a pouty-frowny face at us? That feeling is attraction, and the frown will soon break into a smile.

So how does a girl avoid jerk-y douchebag assholes?

Does she even want to?

If she chooses to bask in the intoxicating company of the sort of rapscallion that would screen her calls, break dates, flirt with her friends, etc, how can she tame (or at least understand) his behaviour?

What we have here is a lack of communication between assholes and the women of the world. The ‘nets are full of girly-blogs, trying in vain to chart a course through the shallow, asshole-infested seas of modern urban dating. And here I am, an asshole with a blog. I sense an opportunity for productive exchange.

So here’s my invitation to the ladies: Ask this asshole anything. Why won’t I call? Why won’t I commit? Why do I need “space” when you thought things were going soooo good? I’m formally extending the guest post Q&A offer to the following four girly-dating bloggers:

Jessica Druck
Date me DC
This One Time On Match.com
A Pre-Life Crisis

But shoot me an email (freedomfrost25 at gmail dot com) if you think you belong on that list.

The Private Man April 25, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I am so glad I’ve grown up.

Here’s a quick message to all the 20-something women – have something to offer a man (other than your vagina and boobs) on HIS terms and you might, just might, get one to commit.

Other than that, keep your massive delusions in check.

PS – I’m putting this blog on my blog roll.

Proph April 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

@anon dude–

“You’re my age and I like your perspective on stuff but a lot of your posts give off a “cocky”(undeserved) vibe.”

I used to get the same complaint from my clients when I tutored for cash in college. My response to them then is the same as it is to you now.

Who gives a fuck?

Keep at it, Frost.

Ancalgon April 17, 2011 at 12:54 am

“@Ancalgon/Lilly: There’s a lot of delusion on both sides of the gender divide, which is why so many men and women are bitching about each other all over the place. End the delusions, the world will have more love, less bitterness. Now hug, you two. ”

@Lilly: “I’m not a self-made Disney princess. Please. I am a woman who requires that a man respect me.”

“Requiring” that anyone respects you is a form of delusion in itself. Respect has to be earned, it can’t be expected of me (or any man really) just by the virtue of you being a woman. Men who give you this respect without your having earned it will just lower their own status in your eyes.

I’d advise avoiding thoughts like,
“I want a guy who looks like he dresses out of GQ because one day I am going to own a closet the size of Bloomingdales. With all the money I make from finger painting.”

Priyanka Chopra April 28, 2011 at 1:58 am

“Requiring” that anyone respects you is a form of delusion in itself. Respect has to be earned, it can’t be expected of me (or any man really) just by the virtue of you being a woman.”

How do you survive in a country that has a civil society?

You don’t require women that you date and spend your time with to respect you? You expect and allow them to fully disrespect you UNTIL you’ve earned your respect?

Them spitting in your face after you say “hey, wassup?” is perfectly fine with you?

Mike April 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I guarantee I’m way more successful than you mancunts hating on Frost. And using terms like “DHV” makes you a fucking cunt. Who talks like that? Guys like me sure as fuck don’t.

Frost is a good kid trying to figure life out, and writing it out along the way. Some of his stuff is going to be good, and other stuff lame. People are complex, and we are all comprised of glory and epic fail.

BTW, two blogs I read for the deluded female perspective are “The Frisky” and “Dating Is Miserable.”

anon dude April 15, 2011 at 8:44 pm

@Frost

You’re my age and I like your perspective on stuff but a lot of your posts give off a “cocky”(undeserved) vibe. You write that you have high value but you don’t demonstrate high value in the post.

People go to Roissy/CR’s blog because his posts have insight and analysis that you can’t get anywhere else. CR doesn’t just say he has game, he provides a detailed analysis or real world examples that demonstrate his understanding of game. Same thing with a guy like Steve Sailer. Steve doesn’t write about how he’s so damn smart, he shows the reader how smart he is through his writing.

You write “get in the top 20%” and “I’m in the top 10%”. That’s like going to a financial advisor that tells you “get alot of money” and “I got a lot of money”. You go to a financial advisor to give you valuable information/instructions that you can’t easily get on your own. You don’t pay a financial advisor to tell you how rich they are. Or in this case readers don’t go to blogs to hear the blogger talk about how awesome the blogger is.

Your “get in the 20%/reactionary self improvement” seems like its going to be a big theme of this blog so in future posts you might want to go into more detailed analysis of how to do that, . For Example…
Don’t just say “I’m dating a hot chick”, instead give the readers a field report on how you got her.
You mention money and how you save a bunch of it. Maybe give us your thoughts on the economy and some in depth suggestions on financial planning. Talk about people you know that suck with money and people you know that are good with money.
You mentioned that you have(had?) 4 0r 6 pack abs…why don’t you go into more specifics of your exercise and diet.
You could be the guru of reactionary self-improvement for today’s 20-something American male.

I don’t want humility, I want you to back up the cocky and I think you can.

Or entertain us by stirring up some trouble with the female bloggers. I’m getting the popcorn ready for this.

Frost April 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm

@Katie: See my latest post.

@Neill: There are trillions of boring, mundane, poorly-written, unoriginal blogs out there that cover the same subject as these ladies. I picked these ladies for a reason, they’re all good reads and well-written.

@Rex/Anon: You want humility?

– I’m not naturally super-athletic, I just worked my ass off, and became a decent intercollegiate rugby player. Now I play co-ed dodgeball on Monday nights.

– Super good-looking? Not sure where you’re getting that from. You do know that’s Edward Norton on the header, right?

– Super high-status job? I’m a fucking cubicle monkey. Every third post of mine is about how it’s eating my soul. I make decent money, sure, but right now, as I type this… I am wearing a sweater-vest. When girls ask me what I do for a living, I say internet celebrity.

So I have trouble seeing myself as cocky.

But I’ll admit, the same point has been made before by others who I respect, so maybe it’s something I should consider. Thanks for the honest feedback.

Lilly April 15, 2011 at 1:37 pm

@ Ancalgon – I’m the “chick” you’re talking about and I am anything but deluded. I’m not a self-made Disney princess. Please. I am a woman who requires that a man respect me. I’m not asking anyone to make my life a fairy tale. Men like you, who think women should just accept whatever lame-ass game a man has because you don’t have anything better to offer, obviously dislike women like me because we don’t tolerate your shit.

anon dude April 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm

@rex

Frost’s know-it-all attitude does become a bit tiresome.

rex April 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Dude, you’re starting to sound like these narcissistic 20-something bloggers also. I don’t know if you’re intentionally trying to be a braggart to entice blog groupies or something. I like your writing but we get it, you’re super athletic, super good looking, super high status job, you’re awesome. Enough with the dhv’s.

Ancalgon April 15, 2011 at 7:16 am

I was reading this chick’s blog and she’s the typical deluded 20-something American girl – a self-made Disney princess who thinks men should buy her dinner, open doors for her, and generally make her life a fairytale. No bloody wonder she responds perfectly to hardcore asshole game.

These sort of girls are even more difficult to get into bed than hippie chicks or femcunts. Atleast feminists know everyone hates ’em. Fairytale girl + eager-to-please beta = worst possible combination for building entitlement. Been there, done that. Watching this stuff makes me laugh out loud.

NomadicNeill April 15, 2011 at 5:07 am

I had a quick scan of a few of those blogs. Some of the stories have had me laughing out loud.

Katie April 15, 2011 at 12:34 am

So, you are writing to ask me if I will let you blog on my blog?

Ronin April 15, 2011 at 12:29 am

Enough with the April Fool’s Shenanigans.