Yoga, Intermittent Starvation, Cold Showers and Testosterone: Unleashing the Animal

by Frost on February 16, 2011

Eric April 9, 2013 at 11:44 pm

magic story very thanks strattera order liver enzymes) that are or may be relevant to the present illness. Drug or non-drug allergies

Poester99 April 30, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I’m doing basically what you’re doing except I’m doing Atkins which is more strongly ketogenic, and with which I’ve had a lot of good results. I found that the cheat day (or meal) is a lot more powerful for pumping up T production, when used with a lower carb system.

Here is some interesting information on the T effect of sex/maturbation.

raliv February 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Damn. I fell off my diet because I had to move to a place that does not have a dishwasher making cooking time consuming and difficult.

This makes me wish I still stuck with it. I want to unleash the animal.

Frost February 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Hey R, strongly agree. I’m rehabilitating a few injuries right now so I’ve been away from heavy squats and deads for a while. I hope to get back into them soon though, and I definitely recommend them for others.

Goodtimer, welcome aboard!

(R)Evolutionary February 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm

One more good tip for upping the Testosterone:

Deadlift. Seriously, look at the research, no other exercise stimulates as much release of T (and growth hormone, for that matter,) as the deadlift. None. Only the back squat comes close, and it’s not all that close.

The deadlift engages every muscle group in the body except the pecs. So do your bench press too, but do deadlifts first. and HEAVY. 3 sets of three at 85% of your max.

Doing DLs in a low-carb dietary program will increase it even more; there is something about high glucose & insulin levels that blunts the release of T and GH.

Goodtimer February 17, 2011 at 3:24 am

Excellent posts. I just scanned this and some other posts, I’ve very similar thoughts and experiences. Also, I’ve been reading the same “game” blogs and books as yourself. You have another avid fan. Looking forward to more posts.