The Paleolithic Alcoholic

by Frost on February 7, 2011

lodge March 21, 2013 at 10:56 pm

In the event it will come to writing beneficial information you certainly know your onions,
well done! !

Brad Alexander August 15, 2012 at 7:30 am

I agree vodka’s the best. Club soda with anything. I also go for the odd pear cider.

Theodora December 8, 2011 at 5:32 am

“Sunday, late-AM: Yoga class or long walk. Reflect on sins and indiscretions of a weekend past, and general emptiness of modern life. Slide comfortably and eagerly back into a healthy routine.”

HahaHA so true..I decided to quit this and also go paleo a year ago, so now I have to start drinking again..Just wondering what do you suggest the best alcohol option is (excluding red wine)? I’m terrified on how it will make me feel after so long (I’m small and short), but I have to go back to normality!..Honestly, any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

primally kosher November 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I can’t handle malt digestive wise. It causes severe gut pain. The malt itself doesn’t taste good to me. I wonder if somethings taste is based on how much the body needs a nutrient. Some bourbons are made of corn and they work well. I’m not technically Celiac though. More gluten sensitive and its a trigger food.

primally kosher November 7, 2011 at 10:17 am

I’ve gotten strange comments drinking red wine out in public. Vodka tends to work nicely. Whiskey is generally made with wheat as is scotch. I try to stay away from all wheat. I really like your timing though for working out. I don’t think I would do heavy lifting when drunk though, more bodyweight. There would less chance for serious injury.

Keoni Galt November 7, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Depends on the whiskey. MOST whiskey is made with barley malt, not wheat.

But even then, you must remember that malt is actually sprouted (whether it’s barley, wheat and/or rye), and that distillation does eliminates glutens, lectins, phytates and all the other problematic components of grain from the distillate.

I’ve read up that celiac’s can actually drink whiskey with no problems. YMMV.

My Name Is Jim February 12, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I’ve reached the conclusion that for me, alcohol is beta. It has one legit use, loosening up women so they feel like having sex. I still do drink once a week or so but have no illusions about what it gets me the next day, a headache, an emptier wallet, more persistent abdominal fat, that’s about it. An alpha has self discipline and is his own master, needs not do what the rest of the lemmings around him do. That said I hear you about the extra sugar, it wasn’t pretty to hear how many calories are in one of those big margaritas I used to like.

Workshy Joe February 7, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Martin Berkhan is a bodybuilder who eats close to Paleo. He likes a drink too:

Atticus February 7, 2011 at 9:46 am

I’m not a fitness guru but I know the reason you want to eat lot of palio fatty foods after working out is so your body doesn’t turn to eating your muscle mass. So your fasting maybe causing more harm then good. Consider not working out on a friday.

jules February 7, 2011 at 4:26 am

Just my fucking luck, I’m knocking back Southern Comfort at 4:30 AM in a virginia basement and one of my new bookmarked blogs is talking what i’m drinking. Cheers, from a fellow 80-percenter. I look forward to the coppery aftertaste in the afternoon.